Proof of residency

Proof of residency

If you apply for a National Bus Pass we will also need to see proof that you live in Devon. This can be a paper copy of any of the following items showing your name and address:

  • Council tax bill
  • Rental or tenancy agreement
  • Utility bill
  • Driving licence
  • NHS letter, prescription or medical card
  • Letter on headed paper from an official body, for example: DWP state pension letter, TV licence, polling card, benefits agency letter

Photocopies of original documents are preferred. We cannot accept responsibility for original documents.

Holiday home parks, caravan park sites and second homes

Some holiday home and caravan park sites allow full time occupancy and in most cases residents will pay council tax to a Devon district council and so be able to prove that this is their sole or principal residence.

In the absence of council tax, residents at holiday home or caravan park sites will have to prove through other documents that the home is their sole or principal residence and the site allows the premises to be used as a permanent place of residence.

If information available from the respective park’s website or owners indicates that full-time occupancy is not allowed and homes are only classified solely as holiday homes, applications will be refused.

Applications based on second home addresses will be refused.