Winter Cycling Webinar
Want to give yourself a lockdown boost and cycle through the winter months? Travel Devon joined forces with Active Devon, Ride On Cycling and Execel Cycling to bring you a FREE Winter Cycling Webinar.
This 1-hour session is packed with tips and advice on how to start cycling in Winter to help you feel safer, more confident and happier about your cycle rides. Topics that were covered include:
- Winter cycling support for beginners
- Getting your bike winter ready & keeping it in a roadworthy condition
- Dressing for comfort and safety
- Route planning & other tips for when you’re out and about
You can watch the recording below:
Want to skip to the Ride on Cycling bike maintenance session? Watch the video below:
Support and resources mentioned in the webinar
Travel Devon – Cycling support for beginners
- Cycle training for adults: if you live in Devon, Devon County Council offers you a free 1-1 training session tailored to your needs, whether you just want to get back on a bike or start cycling to work. Find out more on the Travel Devon website.
- Please note: Our 1-1 cycle training for adults can be delivered under current lockdown restrictions in a public outdoor space and whilst maintaining social distancing throughout the session.
- The Travel Devon website is full of resources and guidance for smarter and active travel like:
- Watch the Urban Cycling Skills Webinar to find out more about the that can help you tame the traffic around you and help you feel safer, more confident and happier about your cycle rides.
- Visit the Love to Ride Devon website to set your #RideResolutions and keep yourself motivated to be active during Lockdown.
Active Devon – Start Cycling blog post
Check out Active Devon’s new cycling post ‘Start Cycling and Enjoy the Many Benefits of Riding a Bike’ for handy tips and resources to help you start cycling.
Ride On Cycling – Getting your bike winter ready & keeping it in a roadworthy condition
Due to the Coronavirus, Ride on Cycling are no longer running their Bring Your Own Bike sessions. For now, they’ve compiled a few choice resources on the Ride on Cycling website that might be helpful for those looking to maintain their bike at home.
British Cycling – Let’s Ride
The Let’s Ride programme hosts guided rides for everyone, as well as Breeze rides for women only . To find a ride near you, check out Let’s Ride website. Alternatively, check out the Breeze network Devon and Cornwall Facebook page or the Devon and Cornwall guided rides Facebook page for local updates.
WANTED: Ride leaders throughout Devon!
The Let’s Ride programme is looking for new volunteers to lead rides throughout Devon this year. If you’re interested in becoming a Guided ride leader or Breeze champion, please register your interest and someone will be in touch with more information shortly.
Get inspired by Imogen Callaway
Imogen was our special guest on the webinar! Imogen is the HSBC UK Breeze Area Coordinator for Devon and Cornwall and was recently nominated for The Times Sportswoman of the year Influencer Award!
You can contact Imogen on her Facebook page with any questions.