Get active and claim your free Move a Mile a Day t-shirt!
Cranbrook residents are invited to take part in the Move a Mile a Day Challenge – a one mile journey made every day for a week without using a car.
To take part, simply complete this short survey no later than Friday 9 March and either download or pick up a poster which will allow you to log your activity during the week of 12 – 18 March. We also send you an electronic link to the activity log.
Your mile a day can be for social or work purposes and how you travel is entirely up to you – whether that’s walking, scooting, jogging or cycling. It’s completely free and you can take part as an individual or as a family.
At the end of the campaign week you will be invited to a local celebration event at the Younghayes Centre in Cranbrook where you will receive your free and exclusive Move a Mile a Day t-shirt. The event will take place on the Thursday 22 March between 3:30pm – 6:00pm. Venue tbc!
Did you know…
- Average walking pace is 20 minutes to walk a mile.
- Average running pace is 10 minutes for one mile.
- Average scooting pace is 15 minutes for one mile.
- Average cycling place is 5 minutes for one mile.
To get you started…
- Download the Cranbrook Active Travel map – explore your town by foot or bike.
- Visit the Explore Devon website to inspire you to discover more of Devon’s green spaces
- including the ExeEstuary Trail a nearby 26 mile largely traffic free walking and cycle route
- Cycling into Exeter only takes about 30 minutes, download or request a copy of the Exeter Cycling map
- Devon County Council’s Public Right of Way team have mapped all Devon’s local walking routes and bridle ways for you to view
- Right on your doorstep The National Trust’s Killerton estate offers exciting ways to move a mile a day or more.
- There are several signposted walks in Ashclyst Forest (free to park and enter), or you can visit Killerton House and explore the walks in its historic parkland (National Trust members free, admission fees apply).
- The Broadclyst to Killerton cycle trail is a fun family cycle ride starting at the National Trust’s Clyston Mill – a rare working watermill.
- Killerton parkrun is a free, timed 5km run that takes place at 9:00am every Saturday. It’s a great way to get into running and you’ll soon find you’ve joined the parkrun family.
Activites in Cranbrook…
Active Mums – are cycle rides for new parents to build up confidence and enjoy time outdoors with their little ones. Sessions run every Monday from the Cranbrook Education Campus at 9:15 am. Mums, dads, grandparents, carers, all welcome!
Cranbrook running club
Running group with run leader every Wednesday 18:30 with a follow up run to be done during the week. Click on the Facebook page for more info.
Walk in the Park with Emma Jones, Cranbrook’s country park ranger
Saturday 17th March, 10-12noon; meet at Younghayes, some off road walking; free; suitable for all ages.
The Move a Mile a Day campaign is delivered in partnership between Active Devon and Devon County Council with the support of Cranbrook Town Council and aims to promote walking, scooting and cycling as part of everyday travel. Join the campaign and help make Cranbrook a healthy, active place to live.
If you have any queries or comments please contact Jenna Berry at email@example.com