Terms and conditions (2018-19)
1. There are only 10 Winter Walking and Cycling kits available. These will be distributed on a first come, first served basis.
2. To be eligible for a free business Winter Walking and Cycling Kit you must complete the following steps between 01.11.18 and 31.01.19:
- Sign up your workplace to the Travel Devon Toolkit and sign up to the Travel Devon Business Newsletter;
- Email Travel Devon at Traveltowork@devon.gov.uk to express your interest in hosting a Free Travel Devon event at your workplace; and
- The Travel Devon event must take place in your office. This office must be located within Exeter, Newton Abbot or Barnstaple (or all three).
3. Entrants must work at the workplace they are applying on behalf of.
4. The workplace must have at least one permanent office located within Exeter, Barnstaple or Newton Abbot.
5. The Winter Walking and Cycling Kit will be provided to the workplace as part of the Free Travel Devon Event. The contact / workplace will be required to:
- Provide space for the Travel Devon team to set up and host an event (this can include space in the staff canteen).
- Help to promote the event by putting up event posters around your workplace
6. The Winter Walking and Cycling Kit will include:
- High Visibility Jackets
- Puncture Repair Kits
- Emergency Bike Lights
- An Umbrella
- Area Information
7. Only one Winter Walking and Cycling Kit will be provided per business. No cash substitute or alternative prizes are available. Prizes are non-transferable.
8. Participation in the promotional event and acceptance of the Winter Walking and Cycling Kit constitutes a person’s/ workplaces permission to use their name, business address (town / city), likeness, and any statements made by contact regarding the Winter Walking and Cycling Kit for promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
9. Should workplaces undertake any further promotion regarding the offer, for example creating a blog, webpage or tweet then they must mention Travel Devon and our sustainable travel offers. Please email Traveldevon@devon.gov.uk for more information.
10. By participating, all entrants and workplaces agree to release and hold harmless Devon County Council and partners from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and / or death which may occur in connection with the Winter Walking and Cycling Kit.
11. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this promotion in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase required to participate.
12. Devon County Council and partners reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this offer should (in its sole discretion) causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the offer. They also reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the offer or website.
13. Travel Devon is part of Devon County Council.