Cycling is a fun, free and fast way to travel from A to B. With miles of traffic-free trails across our beautiful county, you can use our interactive cycle map to find a suitable route near you.
We’re here to help you get started with advice on:
- Finding a cycle route in your local town
- Taking a trip on one of our traffic-free cycle trails
- Boosting your cycle confidence with our cycle training courses
- Cycling to work and cycling to school
- Top tips for safe cycling
- The park and cycle scheme in Exeter.
- It’s healthy – cycling improves fitness, helps maintain a healthy weight, lowers the risk of heart disease and helps to reduce stress
- It’s cheap – bikes are low on cost; they don’t need taxing, MOT, compulsary insurance, breakdown cover or fuel!
- It’s faster – in busy city and town centres, cycling is often quicker than any other mode of transport
- It helps the environment – with no air or noise pollution, cycling is environmentally friendly
Promoting cycling at your workplace
Our Travel Devon Toolkit for businesses provides resources to help your staff, customers and visitors to make positive, beneficial changes to their lives and your business by supporting and encouraging them to cycle. Visit our website and find out how your site facilities and business initiatives can support staff to cycle to work.
Register to the Travel Devon Toolkit and, if your business is in Exeter, Newton Abbot or Barnstaple, you will be eligible for sustainable travel grant funding. You will also find activities and template resources for promoting cycling to staff and other travel planning advice.