Cycling is a fun, free and fast way to travel from A to B. With miles of traffic-free trails across our beautiful county, you can use our interactive cycle map to find a suitable route near you.
We’re here to help you get started with advice on:
- Finding a cycle route in your local town
- Taking a trip on one of our traffic-free cycle trails
- Boosting your cycle confidence with our cycle training courses
- Cycling to work and cycling to school
- Top tips for safe cycling
- The park and cycle scheme in Exeter.
- It’s healthy – cycling improves fitness, helps maintain a healthy weight, lowers the risk of heart disease and helps to reduce stress
- It’s cheap – bikes are low on cost; they don’t need taxing, MOT, compulsory insurance, breakdown cover or fuel!
- It’s faster – in busy city and town centres, cycling is often quicker than any other mode of transport
- It helps the environment – with no air or noise pollution, cycling is environmentally friendly
Promoting cycling at your workplace
How can your workplace encourage low carbon commuting?
The Travel Devon Toolkit is full of practical tips and tools to help encourage sustainable and active travel at your workplace.
Whether you’re looking to get more colleagues cycling to work, using public transport for part of their journey, or understanding how better driving practices can positively impact our environment, there are plenty of resources available.
Simply register your organisation to gain access to our Travel Audit, Travel Survey and Toolkits.
Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.