Why cycle to work?
Cycling is fun. People who cycle live longer, have improved health and help to reduce traffic congestion. Here are just a few reasons to cycle to work:
- feel happier
- live longer
- travel cheaper
- get leaner
- save the planet.
Find out more about the five key benefits of cycling.
- Use our interactive cycle map to plan a route from A to B.
- Find a cycle route to your workplace on our cycle routes and maps page.
- Read more from the NHS about the benefits of cycling.
- Learn how you could benefit from the Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Read Cycling UK’s guide to commuting by bike.
- Report an issue along your route with our Report it! website.
Are you an employer?
Encourage your staff to take part in our FREE adult cycle confidence sessions.
The Travel Devon Toolkit for businesses provides resources to help your staff, customers and visitors to make positive, beneficial changes to their lives and your business by supporting and encouraging them to cycle.
The Travel Devon Toolkit gives you exclusive access to:
- a travel audit
- a travel survey
- guidance on sustainable travel measures
- templates, resources and more.
Register on the Travel Devon Toolkit website and find out how your site facilities, workplace initiatives and policies can support your staff to cycle to work.