Why cycle to work?
Cycling is fun. People who cycle live longer, have improved health and help to reduce traffic congestion. Here are just a few reasons to cycle to work:
- feel happier
- live longer
- travel cheaper
- get leaner
- save the planet.
Find out more about the five key benefits of cycling.
- Find a cycle route to your workplace on our cycle routes and maps page.
- Read more from the NHS about the benefits of cycling.
- Learn how you could benefit from the Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Read Cycling UK’s guide to commuting by bike.
- Report an issue along your route with our Report it! website.
Are you an employer?
Encourage your staff to take part in our FREE cycle confidence sessions.
The Travel Devon Toolkit for businesses provides resources to help your staff, customers and visitors to make positive, beneficial changes to their lives and your business by supporting and encouraging them to cycle. Visit our website and find out how your site facilities and business initiatives can support staff to cycle to work.
Register to the Travel Devon Toolkit and, if your business is in Exeter, Newton Abbot or Barnstaple, you will be eligible for sustainable travel grant funding. You will also find activities and template resources for promoting cycling to staff and other travel planning advice.