- Bikeability is today’s cycle training programme. It’s like cycling proficiency, but better!
- There are three Bikeability levels- Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3. Each are designed to improve cycling skills.
- They take riders from the basics of balance and control, all the way to planning and making an independent journey on busier roads.
- There are also Bikeability Balance and Learn to Ride modules too.
- For more information please email our Bikeability Training Provider.
Tell us how we did!
When you have had training please tell us how we did. Feedback from children and parents is a way to measure the success of Bikeability in Devon. It is also shared with Bikeability and the Department for Transport who fund Bikeability. Thank you!
Subscribe to our ‘Bikeability Parents’ email updates
To get regular updates about Bikeability, cycling in Devon and other road safety information please visit devon.cc/bikeability-news
How do children get on a Bikeability course?
- The vast majority of our free training is delivered via schools. All schools can host our free courses and should have received a booking request form. Parents should contact their school to find out when the next free Bikeability course is being run or email our Bikeability Training Provider.
- During most school holidays our Bikeability Provider runs Bikeability Holiday Courses. Should there not be any suitable dates or locations try option 1 or 3.
- Instructors can sometimes host a ‘bespoke’ course if parents can get together a small group of children. For more information please email our Bikeability Training Provider.
Maybe you can’t book on a Bikeability course just yet so try these short films.
Don’t try this at home! Not a cycle training video but an inspirational film.
Want to try cycling on a ‘real’ road?
Have you visited the cycle training area at Hamlin Lane playing fields in Exeter? There is a real road layout, with junctions and roundabouts. It’s a great way to practice cycling in a traffic-free area.